Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Overwhelming sorrow . . .

Matthew 12:43-45  "When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it.  Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left'.  When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order.  Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there.  And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

It is not enough to clean up your life, you must also fill your "house" with the Holy Spirit so there is no room when the spirits return to you.

John 14:23 "Jesus replied, ' If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.  My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.'"

When I met D I had no idea.  He was a handsome young man who seemed to enjoy life.  As I grew to know him better the Lord revealed the spirit inside of this young man.  I never asked  him about it.  I am not sure he would have told me if I had asked.  Something happened to him or around him a long time ago, and he has been hiding from it ever since.  When I looked at him I saw a scared man.  The kind of scared you would be if you were sure something was about to eat you.  From the time he woke up in the morning to the time he passed out at night he was running to a bottle to hide.  He gathered friends around him and talked loudly to try to make this thing that was going to swallow him go away, but it was always there, lurking in the darkness just beyond.

He got caught up in something he couldn't get out of.  The enemy laid a trap for him and he walked directly into it.  This year he was released from prison.  I always asked C if he'd talked to him or if he'd heard anything about him.  If he knew whether he was out of prison.  C didn't want to talk about D that much.  It wasn't long after his release that it was clear that D was still running from his 'deamons'.  A few nights ago D stopped running.  He was consumed by this thing and chose to end his life.

If anyone is out there reading this know that it doesn't matter what deamon you are running from God can reach through the darkness and take you to a place that is safe.  He has been there with you through your struggle.  Turn to him and ask for his help.  He will show you the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment