Thursday, June 18, 2009

Double the fun. . .

Xyla is learning the value of being able to indicate yes and no.  She has the head shake down pat but she can't quite nod yes just yet.  This is a fun exercise for me.  I will ask her something.  She will shake her head no.  I will ask her no meaning no, or no meaning yes.  She shakes her head no again.  So I tell her if you want to "insert action here" please stand up and come here.

Sometimes she really means no and stays firmly put but the times she means yes, sometimes it may take her a minute to grasp the directions I have given her and employ them.  Then there are the times when she shakes her head no, so I shake my head no, she shakes her head no again, I nod my head yes, she thinks about the nod and I can tell she is trying to nod but can not figure out how to make her head nod up and down and not shake from side to side.  She is trying, and I am getting a kick out of it.

This morning we decided to sit outside for a few minutes before we left for "school" and work.  She had her bottle - which she is now taking to putting in her mouth but not drinking fluid from.  She was sitting on the opposite side of the porch from me and pointing at me with one hand.  I ask her if she'd like to sit with mommy on the swing,  She shakes her head "no".  I ask is that a no, no or is that a yes I'd like to but can not nod "no".  She shakes her head again.  She sets her bottle down and starts to get up.  I am thinking, "fantastic, she wants to sit by me - yea."  She toddles over to the porch swing and I reach down to lift her on to the swing, she looks at me and shakes her head no again.  She proceeds to stand in front of the swing so that I can not swing anymore either.  I guess that was a no "no".  She goes over to play with the dirty water on the porch made by watering the fucshia.  I tell her, normally we can play in the water but not when we are eating and drinking.  She sets the bottle down and continues to play in the water.

She may look like her dad, but she acts just like me.  This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment