Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Activities.

You can't have a blog where you talk about your kid and not have pictures of her.  I am horrible with the amount of pictures I take of her.  I am a photographer and I have a captive subject.  I am not sure how long it will be before she starts getting mad at me for taking her picture but I figure I will take as many as I can now.  I am just glad she has an adventurous spirit and that all of the pictures don't have my feet in them.

On an interesting note.  Even when we were planting this climbing rose.  She never touched the stems or the flowers she has always just been interested in the dirt in the planter.  That may change over time.
I just love her little feet.  It was the first and only part of her I got to see until they were finished sewing me up from the c-section.  The first thing I said about my daughter, "her feet look just like mine."  Of course it is becoming more and more clear that is one of only three things she got from me.
Most moms would be freaking out at this point.  Her daddy was.  But I had faith that she wouldn't jump off just yet.  She knows  her limits.  Or maybe she just doesn't like jumping from heights like me.  Either way when she starts building up courage, I may not get these shots.

Look how close she got to the edge.  I am so proud of her.  In another 3 months I will be taking her so we can start bouldering at the climbing gym.  I am so excited.

I know it looks like she is sleeping here but please note that her first finger there looks really grey compared to her other fingers.  That is because her eyes are slightly open and she is tapping her finger.  What you can't see is that she is actually singing a song as she taps.  I get good morning wake-ups like this most of the time.  It really puts my whole day in a great mood.


She is showing her daddy what we planted.    When she tells you a "story" she waves her arms about to make sure you are getting her point.  It's lost on this audience.
See what she does is get a hold of my purse and pulls out all the contents.  She gets distracted and doesn't put them back in.  So I decided that it didn't matter what age the magazines and such tell you is an appropriate age, she needs a purse of her own.  In her purse is her cell phone (toy-provided by daddy), a pair of sunglasses and her "medicine".  It's the syringe I give her medicine in but it has nothing in it.  There is also a used gift card in there because when we go to the store she helps mommy hold the cards (it's a very important job) and then helps me pay for the groceries when we are done shopping.  I don't think it is ever too early to start teaching kids about money.


In case you are wondering,  yes, those are peas in her shoe.  The bad news is she put them in there while playing "quietly" by herself yesterday.  The good news is . . . it's a refrigerator magnet.



No comments:

Post a Comment