Thursday, June 11, 2009

What do you do with a drunken sailor . . .

After X went to bed last night I wanted to get some things on my home computer organized.  As I was going trough I had a fantastic idea for a digital scrapbooking thing to put together for my friend Heather who's daughter is two weeks younger than X.  It's rare to have a friend you've known since before  you were born but we have pictures at the respective baby showers to prove it.  

I am always grateful when people will let me photograph them.  I feel like I am still in the portfolio stage of getting my business together so to me this is a labor of love.  I pride myself on the fact that I don't do traditional poses.  The first picture is at the park, the second is in their home and the third is back at the same park as the first.  This is the way I give back to those who will sit through me learning more about technique.

I had to pull pieces from several sources on this but I like the overall look I was able to put together.  It certainly took longer than I expected but it didn't come from a template.  I am really starting to like this set up.  I think I can do some wonderful things for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment