Sunday, June 13, 2010

Learning Quickly.

Another note from the past:

Xyla tried to pull herself up Saturday and actually accomplished it all by herself. I, of course, cheered her on. 

She has learned that to talk on the phone you have to hold it to your ear and make some noises with your mouth. She knows the difference between her play phone and the real one. She won't talk to her play phone. 

She figured out that she not only can stick her finger up other people's noses with stunning acuity but she also has nostrils for plugging with her fingers. You know that once the finger goes up there it is only a matter of time before something else makes the way up. If the other mothers I know are right then I'll know because she'll start to smell rancid. I can't wait. 

And she can say "ooooo" with inflections that mean oooooo - I am happy. ooooo - you shouldn't do that, ooooo - don't let that doggie lick my toes.

She loves to share her food with mommy. If mommy finishes her plate too quickly she will offer me a piece of her baby food which she will not let me feed her any more, she has to feed herself.

She discovered 'goldfish' is the best travel snack and that if you put one in your mouth fins first and stick the head out like it is your tongue - the sight of yourself in the mirror is pretty darned funny. It is especially funny if you do it with rainbow colored gold fish.

She laughs every time she hears someone else laugh. Except at "America's Funniest Home Videos." I agree with her, quite frankly, they aren't as funny as they are touted to be. I have a little card on my hands but what great fun that she is so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment