Sunday, June 13, 2010

For posterity Part 1

The following posts will be ones I wrote when Xyla was much younger (she's two: if that's possible to be "much younger" than two)  I am writing this disclaimer to state that no I did not have a second child.

XYLA SAYS . . . 

Just in case I thought last week when Xyla said "Happy" was a quirk, she spouted out two new word/phrases this week. 

This week we attended the church of her grandparents. He Papa John was delivering the message and a good portion of the church attending portion of the family was there. She fell asleep during the worship part and stayed asleep through the spirited delivery of the message. It wasn't until people were moving toward the alter to receive prayer that she finally woke up. She was still fairly quiet being passed between family members who had already been prayed for. They were also juggling Faith and Arlecia at this time too. 

Faith had slept most of the service as well and when she woke up she was energetic but not too distracting. She is usually loud and hard headed. I figured when I dropped my cell phone on the floor I was going to have to chase her around the sanctuary to get it back. Surprisingly she picked it up and put it directly in my hand. I looked her in the eye and said, "That was a very nice thing to do Faith, Thank you." The next thing the entire church heard (with heads bowed and eyes closed) was Xyla's very loud "THANK YOU".

Timing be darned at least she is learning manners. Then today as I was changing the second of four wet diapers she decided to rock and roll across the bed. I told her, "Stop it." So she rolled back to square on the White Cloud looked me strait in the eye and said, "stop it." Uh, oh. 

She will be nine months tomorrow. I am proud of her. I have taken advantage of the last two days iced in to think about what it would be like for both of us if I could have been a stay at home mom. I am lamenting that. I know my hair is lamenting that. I wonder how things in her life would be different if I had made different choices. I am so in love with her. I am excessively happy that God chose me for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment